Stages of the evaluation process for a cluster of higher education and research institutions
The evaluation of a cluster is carried out in three major stages:
- Preparation for the evaluation
- Visit of the institution
- Production of the evaluation report.
Some of these stages are carried out internally by Hcéres; others are shared with stakeholders in the cluster being evaluated. For processes shared between the DECT and the evaluated entities, the process breaks down in the following manner:
- Presentation of procedures for the site evaluation carried out by Hcéres (year N-1);
- Consultation of the cluster regarding the choice of visit dates; call for profiles of experts for the on-site visit panel;
- Submission of the self-evaluation report, the document presenting the strategic focuses for the future contract and the appendices (year N);
- Meeting involving the main participants concerned from Hcéres and the management team of the cluster for notification of the cluster’s expectations regarding the evaluation and, where applicable, to present the members of the panel of experts;
- Transmission of a letter by the chair of the panel of experts to the cluster, announcing the panel’s main concerns;
- Joint organisation by the DECT/cluster of higher education and research institutions of the schedule of interviews planned for the visit;
- Visit by the panel of experts;
- Transmission of the provisional report for the comments phase with the cluster;
- Transmission of the final report to the cluster and request for a letter of comments;
- Publication on the Hcéres website of the final evaluation report combined with a letter of comments written by the evaluated cluster.