Stages of the evaluation process carried out by the Department of Research Evaluation (DER)
The evaluation of a research entity is conducted in three major stages:
- Preparation for the evaluation;
- Visit of the research entity;
- Production of the evaluation report.
For stages shared between Hcéres and the evaluated entities, the process breaks down in the following manner:
- Presentation of procedures for the on-site evaluation carried out by Hcéres (year N-1);
- Consultation with the Director of the evaluated entity to finalise the choice of the visit date(s), in consultation with the prospective chair of the panel of experts;
- Submission of the self-evaluation file, the Excel review sheets and the scientific development plan (year N);
- Finalisation of the visit schedule;
- Notification of the unit’s supervisory bodies (universities, schools, research bodies, etc.) concerning the composition of the panel and the finalised dates;
- Transmission to the evaluated entity of a list of questions prepared by the panel of experts and amended by the scientific advisor or the scientific coordinator;
- Visit by the panel of experts;
- Transmission of the report to the evaluated entity and to its supervisory authority/authorities for their comments;
- Transmission of the complete and final version of the report, including comments made by supervisory bodies, to the chair of the panel for approval so that his/her signature can be added to the report;
- The final report, signed by the chair of the panel and the President of Hcéres, along with the letter of general comments is sent to the supervisory authority/authorities who are responsible for sending it to the evaluated entity.
- A summary version of the report is published on the Hcéres website.