Stages of the evaluation process for study programmes
The evaluation of study programmes is conducted in four major stages:
- Preparation for the evaluation:
- Presentation of procedures for the on-site evaluation carried out by Hcéres (year N-1);
- Collection of the site’s expectations regarding study programmes
- Submission of files for training programmes and fields with a view to the evaluation
- Formation of the panel of experts consisting of peers (including one student and one representative of the socio-economic sector)
- Evaluation of the review and reporting back (ex-post evaluation of study programmes grouped into fields based on the institution’s self-evaluation):
- Training of experts and allocation of analytical activities
- Analysis of files; drafting and collegial validation of provisional evaluation reports by the panel of experts
- On-site visits to finalize reports
- Transmission of definitive evaluation reports to establishments for comments
- Publication of evaluation reports on the Hcéres website, accompanied the institution’s comments.
- Evaluation of the development plan and reporting back (evaluation of the plan to develop new study programmes for which the institution is seeking accreditation):
- Submission of the accreditation plan by institutions
- Analysis of the plan and drafting of a provisional report by the panel of experts
- Transmission of the final report to the establishments for comments
- Publication of final evaluation reports on the Hcéres website, accompanied the institution’s comments.
- Production of synthesis reports (with a view to the integrated evaluation of sites):
- Production of synthesis reports for each site
- Sending of synthesis reports to the institutions and transmission to the DECT to prepare for the integrated evaluation
Stages of the evaluation process for doctoral schools
The evaluation of doctoral schools is conducted in three major stages:
- Organisation of the schedule with the institutions
- Collection of the site’s expectations regarding doctoral training
- Submission of files by the institution with a view to the evaluation
- Formation of panels of experts consisting of 4 to 5 members for each school, including one chair and one recently qualified doctor. The panel analyses the review of the missions and the operation of existing doctoral schools, and the doctoral schools’ development plans for the next contract.
- Organisation of on-site visits
- Transmission of the doctoral college file (or for a similar structure) by the institution
- On-site visit:
- Training of experts on site
- Presentation of the site and its doctoral policy by its representatives
- Different interviews between stakeholders in the doctoral school and the panel of experts
- Reporting back:
- Drafting, reading and collegial validation of the report by the panel of experts
- Transmission of the report to the institution for comments.
- Transmission of comments by the institution
- Publication of the final evaluation report on the Hcéres website, accompanied the comments of the institution.
- Production and dissemination of synthesis reports for each site.