3 aspects to be evaluated for fields of study
- Outcomes and positioning of the field of study: this part analyses the coherence of the field of study, how it relates to the development strategy of the institution and the site, its place in relation to the other fields offered by the site, its links with other institutions, the socio-economic and cultural sectors, research and international links.
- Management of the field of study: this section evaluates the coordination of the field at the institutional and operational levels, its specific development strategy and the tools used to ensure the coherent and coordinated development of its study programmes.
- Operational mechanisms of the field of study: this section examines the set of operational mechanisms on which the field of study is based and analyses how it evaluates their results.
4 aspects to be evaluated for fields of study
- Outcomes of the study programme: scientific and professional objectives, opportunities and further studies.
- Positioning of the study programme: positioning in the local, regional, national or international context, as applicable. Links between training and research, relationships with companies, associations and other industrial or cultural partners, and partnerships with foreign higher education institutions.
- Pedagogical organisation of the study programme: structure of the programme, consistency with the national framework of study programmes, inclusion of projects and internships, additional skills developed, use of digital technologies and other pedagogical innovations, support for academic achievement, international dimension, and the use of total or partial accreditation of prior and experiential learning.
- Management of the study programme: the teaching team, management procedures and student participation, assessment of knowledge, monitoring of competency acquisition, student numbers, future of graduates and quality of integration, Quality policy.
3 aspects to be evaluated for doctoral schools
- Operation and scientific backing of the school: the doctoral school’s positioning in the landscape of higher education and research institutions, organisation and governance, policy for recruiting and hosting doctoral students, scientific policy of the doctoral school.
- Supervision and training of doctoral students: policy for the supervision of doctoral students, mechanisms for monitoring doctoral students, training provision and activities proposed for doctoral students, policy relating to the defence and duration of theses.
- Monitoring of doctors’ careers: actions carried out to further the careers of doctors and promote the doctoral programme; mechanisms for monitoring doctors’ careers; analysis, transmission and exploitation of data.
Since the 2019-2020 evaluation campaign, Hcéres evaluates doctoral colleges (or equivalent structures).
Standards for external evaluation