The production and dissemination of the evaluation report for a cluster of higher education and research institutions consists of different stages:
- An initial version of the report is drawn up in a collegial manner by the panel of experts, under the coordination and responsibility of the chair of the panel;
- This version of the report is submitted to an in-house reading committee at Hcéres, with the participation of the two-person team in charge of the cluster being evaluated, a scientific advisor from the DECT (Department of Evaluation of Clusters) or the DEE (Department of Evaluation of Higher Education and Research Institutions), the Head of Department and the Manager of the DECT. This committee makes editorial corrections; it is mainly responsible for identifying unsubstantiated or insufficiently supported evaluative judgements, omissions or errors in the sources cited in support of the analyses, and any inconsistencies between different parts of the report;
- The initial version, accompanied by the reading committee’s comments and suggestions, is sent back to the chair of the panel for further development;
- The provisional version of the report is transmitted to the management body of the cluster for the comments phase (identification of errors, unfounded judgements, etc.);
- The cluster’s comments are transmitted to the chair of the panel for consideration and any further corrections;
- The final report is then sent back to the management body of the cluster, which is asked to produce a letter of comments that will be made public;
- The final report, signed by the chair of the panel and the President of Hcéres, along with the letter of comments written by the cluster, are published on the Hcéres website.
- View cluster evaluation reports
The continuous improvement of the DECT’s evaluation procedures is facilitated by the collection of feedback obtained from questionnaires sent to the management teams of the evaluated clusters, on the one hand, and the chairs and experts belonging to the evaluation panels, on the other. In addition, face-to-face feedback sessions are also organised at Hcéres.