The production and dissemination of the evaluation report for an institution consists of different stages:
- An initial version of the report is drawn up in a collegial manner by the panel of experts, under the coordination and responsibility of the chair of the panel;
- This version of the report is submitted to an in-house reading committee at Hcéres. This committee makes editorial corrections; it is mainly responsible for identifying unsubstantiated or insufficiently supported evaluative judgements, omissions or errors in the sources cited in support of the analyses, and any inconsistencies concerning different parts of the report;
- The initial version, accompanied by the reading committee’s comments and suggestions, is sent back to the chair of the panel;
- The provisional version of the report is transmitted to the management body of the institution for the comments phase (identification of errors, unfounded judgements, etc.);
- The institution’s comments are transmitted to the chair of the panel for consideration and any further corrections;
- The final report is then sent back to the management body of the institution, which is asked to produce a letter of comments that will be made public;
The final report, signed by the chair of the panel and the President of Hcéres, along with the letter of comments written by the cluster, are published on the Hcéres website.
The continuous improvement of the DEE’s evaluation procedures is facilitated by the collection of feedback obtained from questionnaires sent to the management teams of the evaluated institutions, on the one hand, and the chairs and experts members of evaluation panels, on the other. In addition, face-to-face feedback sessions are also organised at Hcéres.