By the research body
The preparation phase corresponds to implementing the self-evaluation process (see the “Evaluation requirements” page). An average period of 6 months seems to be required for drafting a self-evaluation report for submission to the research body’s management bodies for approval.
The preparations for the evaluation include the following stages:
- Establishment of a project team (project manager/scientific advisor); contact person at the research body, particularly for the preparation of the evaluation;
- Production of characterisation documents for the research body;
- Creation of the panel of experts and verification of potential conflicts of interest;
- Organisation of a training meeting for the experts in the evaluation methodology defined by Hcéres;
- Organisation of a meeting of the panel of experts in preparation for the evaluation, culminating in the definition of the panel’s main concerns regarding the evaluation of the research body;
- Organisation of the schedule of interviews for the visit in consultation with the research body.