By the institution: the self-evaluation
The preparation phase corresponds to the implementation of the self-evaluation process (see the "Evaluation requirements" page). An average period of 6 months seems to be required for drafting a self-evaluation report which is submitted to the institution’s management bodies for approval.
The preparations for the evaluation include the following stages:
- Establishment of a project team (project manager/scientific advisor);
- Production of characterisation documents for the institution;
- Creation of the panel of experts and verification of potential conflicts of interest;
- Organisation of a meeting of the panel of experts in preparation for the evaluation, culminating in the definition of the panel’s main concerns regarding the institution;
- Organisation of the schedule of interviews for the visit in consultation with the institution.