The President of the Board, Thierry Coulhon, was appointed from among its members by a decree of the French President and leads the High Council:
- He ensures that evaluations are impartial, reliable and transparent,
- He signs decisions on the validation of evaluation procedures and attests to their compliance with the ethical and professional standards and with the validation rules adopted by the Board,
- He appoints experts,
- He countersigns evaluation reports prepared by expert panels and signed by their presidents.
The President is responsible for High Council staff and is the authorising officer in charge of income and expenditure.
The President appoints the General Secretary in charge of the administration and operations of the High Council, department managers, the head of the Science and Technology Observatory and the head of the French Office for Research Integrity for a renewable period of four years. He may delegate his power of signature to them for business pertaining to their respective roles and to agents under his authority for documents associated with High Council operations and their duties.
If the President is on leave or unable to perform his role, the Board is chaired by its most senior member and the General Secretary performs the other duties of the President on an interim basis.
In conjunction with the appointment of Thierry Coulhon, the following 29 persons were appointed, by decree, as members of the Board:
Proposed by the CNU (French Universities Board):
- Valérie Botta-Genoulaz, University Professor (INSA Lyon);
- Sylvain Férez, University Lecturer, Director of the Health, Education and Disability Research Unit (Université de Montpellier);
- Caroline Gruson, Professor of Mathematics (Université de Lorraine);
- René Guinebretière, University Professor of Condensed-Matter Physics (Université de Limoges);
- Aurélie Perrier-Pineau, University Lecturer (Université de Paris).
Proposed by the CoNRS (French National Committee for Scientific Research) attached to the CNRS:
- Jean-Luc Adam, Director of Research (Institut des sciences chimiques de Rennes UMR [Joint Research Unit], Université de Rennes 1);
- Sylvie Brau-Nogué, Local “Ground Segment” Project Manager for the Euclid project (CNRS - IRAP);
- Guiseppina Giglia-Mari, Associate Professor, Head of the “Excision repair at the crossroads with transcription” team (Institut NeuroMyoGène, Université de Lyon, CNRS, INSERM).
Proposed by the evaluation bodies of all other public science and technology institutions:
Proposed by the presidents or directors of research bodies:
- Geneviève Almouzni, Head of the “Chromatin Dynamics” team (Institut Curie);
- Michel Bidoit, Director of Research (CNRS);
- Isabelle Oswald, Director of the Food Toxicology Laboratory (ToxAlim, INRAE).
Proposed by the CPU (Conference of University Presidents) and the CDEFI (Conference of Directors of French Engineering Schools):
- Laurent Foulloy, Professor (Polytech Annecy-Chambéry, Université Savoie Mont Blanc);
- Manuelle Franck, University Professor, Geography, Indonesia, South-East Asia (INALCO, University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne);
- Paul Indelicato, Research Advisor to the CPU Bureau.
Two other members with researcher, engineer or professor status:
- Stéphane Dalmas, Innovation Advisor to the Executive Director of INRIA;
- Nathalie Vergnolle, Director of the Institute for Digestive Health Research (INSERM, ENVT, INRAE, UPS).
Two student representatives proposed by student associations:
- Benjamin Peutevynck, Member of the UNEF National Bureau, Head of Academic Affairs;
- Marine Ribals, Vice-President of Academic Affairs at the FAGE.
Nine qualified individuals:
- Yann Algan, Professor at Sciences Po Paris, member of the Council of Economic Analysis;
- Hélène Burlet, Deputy Director of the Innovation Laboratory for New Energy Technologies and Nanomaterials (LITEN-CEA);
- Daniela Cristina Ghitulica, Vice-President of the Romanian Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ARACIS);
- Philippe Gillet, Scientific Director of SICPA, Professor at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (Switzerland);
- Ronny Heintze, Commissioner for International Affairs at AQAS (Agentur für Qualitätssicherung durch Akkreditierung von Studiengängen E.V), one of the German quality assurance agencies for higher education;
- Didier Roux, Delegate for Communication and Scientific Information at the French Academy of Sciences;
- Cathie Vix-Guterl, Head of Strategic Anticipation for R&D at the TOTAL Group;
- Loulou Von Ravensberg, Senior Project Manager at the Swedish Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (Universitetskanslersämbetet - UKÄ)
Two members of the French Parliament appointed by the Standing Committee for Higher Education and Research of each house:
- Pierre Henriet, Member of Parliament (LREM);
- Sonia de la Provôté, Senator (Group Union Centriste).
Board meeting, 1st March 2021
- Délibération n°2021-1-01 : adoption du compte rendu de la séance du Collège du 17 décembre 2021
- Délibération n°2021-1-02 : Principe d'organisation du Haut Conseil de l'évaluation de la recherche et de l'enseignement supérieur en départements, le département d'évaluation des établissements et le département d'évaluation des organismes
- Délibération n°2021-1-03 : le renouvellement de mandat du directeur du Département d'évaluation de la recherche, Pierre Glaudes
- Délibération n°2021-1-04 : la nomination de la directrice du département d'évaluation des formations, Lynne Franjié
- Délibération n°2021-1-05 : la nomination du directeur du département d'évaluation des établissements, Abdelaziz Mouline
- Délibération n°2021-1-06 : la nomination du directeur du département d'évaluation des organismes, Bernard Larrouturou
- Délibération n°2021-1-07 : la nomination de la directrice de l'Office français de l'intégrité scientifique, Stéphanie Ruphy, est approuvée à la majorité avec 23 voix
- Délibération n°2021-1-08 : la composition de la commission d'accréditation à l'international
- Délibération n°2021-1-09 : la composition de la commission des recours
- Délibération n°2021-1-10 : politique voyages
Board meeting, 17th December 2020
- Délibération n°2020-1-01 : adoption du compte rendu de la séance du Collège du 28 octobre 2019
- Délibération n°2020-1-02 : nomination de la directrice de l'Observatoire des Sciences et Techniques
- Délibération n°2020-1-03 : régime indemnitaire des experts
Board meeting, 28th October 2019
Board meeting, 17th June 2019
Board meeting, 28th January 2019
Board meeting, 29th October 2018
Board meeting, 11th June 2018
Board meeting, 26th March 2018
Board meeting, 23rd October 2017
Board meeting, 12th June 2017
Board meeting, 20th March 2017
Board meeting, 5th December 2016
Board meeting, 3rd October 2016
Board meeting, 6th June 2016
Board meeting, 4th April 2016
Board meeting, 7th March 2016
Board meeting, 14th December 2015
Board meeting, 17th December 2014
[Infographics] Hcéres board