Head of Department: Pierre Glaudes
Department Manager: Astrid Lanoue
The Department of Research Evaluation (DER) carries out six main missions within Hcéres:
- Managing and organising the evaluation of all research units accredited by the State and receiving public funds; ensuring compliance with the evaluation principles and ethical rules of Hcéres, which are in line with international standards.
- Participating in the "integrated" evaluation process specific to Hcéres; producing, in this context, site summaries for research activities.
- Taking part in evaluating clusters within the framework of the “integrated” evaluation process specific to Hcéres; producing, within this framework, site summary reports on their research activities.
- Reviewing any requests that might be submitted by higher education institutions or research bodies for the validation of procedures for the external evaluation of research units.
- Disseminating research unit evaluation results by producing national themed summary reports for a given discipline.
- Ensuring continuous improvement of the research unit evaluation procedure in liaison with all the partners involved in the evaluation process.
- Organising training in the research unit evaluation methodology for Hcéres staff (scientific advisors, project managers, administrators) and for peers sitting on evaluation panels (chairs, experts).
In evaluations, it is possible to be constructive and yet demanding at the same time.
Pierre Glaudes, Head of the Department of Research Evaluation (Hcéres)
600research units evaluated each year on average
2500experts mobilised each year on average