Head of Department: Annie Vinter
Department Manager: Florian Marquis
The Department of Evaluation of Clusters of Higher Education and Research Institutions (DECT) is entrusted with a number of different missions within Hcéres:
- Managing, organising and summarising the evaluation of clusters (within the meaning of the Law of July 2013) in French higher education and research, whatever their current or future legal status, within the framework of the European standards for quality assurance in higher education (ESG)
- Reviewing any requests that might be submitted by clusters for the validation of external evaluation procedures.
- Steering and coordinating the integrated evaluation process (study programmes, research, institutions, site policy) defined by Hcéres in its strategic objectives for 2016-2020. Organising its phasing in the different departments involved through to production of the integrated evaluation final summary report for each cluster.
- Monitoring the various phases required and coordinating the stakeholders involved in the production of the integrated evaluation final summary report for each cluster.
- Ensuring continuous improvement of the institutional evaluation methodology by conducting an international comparative study, engaging in dialogue with the representatives of higher educations and research stakeholders and keeping up to date with changes in the legislative framework.
- Organising training of Hcéres staff, panel experts and chairs in the methodology for evaluating institutions
We are seeing the emergence of a fundamental trend consisting in making the self-evaluation report a central tool in achieving progress for institutions. A successful self-evaluation is an evaluation that is useful for the institution that conducted it.
Annie Vinter, Head of the Department of Evaluation of Clusters of Higher Education and Research Institutions (Hcéres)
26clusters (7 associations, 19 COMUEs - Communities of Universities and Establishments) evaluated every 5 years
52clusters (7 associations, 19 COMUEs - Communities of Universities and Establishments) evaluated every 5 years
1000experts trained every 5 years